Friday 12 February 2010

Boogie!

Following on from yesterday's post...

Now that Nilo is back to school, I am going to have to progress with my real design work! I've kind of been fiddling around these past few weeks, in all sorts of directions. Which is important too, of course. Play! I don't know about you, but that's usually where my best ideas are concieved of, even if the end product is nothing like the thing that I started out playing with. To me, good design could be defined as the successful outcome of a good What-If.

Ok, this is wierd for me... but I'm looking at these bright colored cotton scraps! Well?... Gotta try everything, right? At least one time! ;}















Bright colored cotton scraps from Boquete, Panama.



















This morning it occurred to me to try the confetti spiral again but this time as a donut, and I really like the neat little twist that's added to my initial idea.

I've been thinking about working with indigo and or upcycled denim for a while now. Looks like I'm not the only one. You should definately take a look at this and this. Both of which are fabulous examples of [re]using denim and of posts that have popped up recently that I really ❥ed.

Of course, one cannot mention indigo without drawing your attention back to this and this.

Ladies, I salut you!



















And following on from this, I'm still thinking about putting a new spin on things. I like this one alot!

Talking of making design progress... this is where it's all heading now.



















"Boogie": A neat little shoulder bag, from upcycled denim, muslin, calico, and cotton scraps and colored silk thread.

It's my project for the coming week. Something to be working on even though we'll have guests. I want to come up with something that is funky but chic. Something with a sense of fun about it. Watch this space!

P.S. And for Kaye's sake, you should know that only the best sketch with biros!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! I shall be PROUD of my humble biro from now on :-) Thanks. PS I really like the doughnut!

Jacky said...

Panama brights...I love them and can just imagine what your creative mind will come up for this lot!
I love the little confetti pinwheels...all of the versions, but especially the one in this post. Reminds me of little tiny rugs I used to make for my mum many, many years ago.
Your spinning square is really taking shape. Love the new version and that bag desing looks wonderful!

Jacky xox

Catherine V. Bainbridge said...

Thanks Kaye and Jacky,
Hey... would either of you be into doing a scrap swap? Let me know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails