Wednesday 17 March 2010

Packages

Reinaldo just come home from town with two packages for me.

One from my friend Angela, who used to live here in Osa, but who has now embarked upon a different journey, and is studying to be a vet in Winsconsin. And she's going to be a great vet! She sends me alum, soda ash, urea, and Yogi teas. Better not confuse them! Thanks Angela. This is going to be very helpful in the course of the next few weeks.

P.S. Good job we didn't get pulled aside for suspected traffiking... this being Latin America and all ;}


















A package to dye for from Angela Braun ;]

The second package comes from our blog friend Suzanna Klein. A lovely selection of patchworking cloths, threads, buttons, a tape measure, quilting needles, one of her gorgeous embroidered bees which you can see more of here, one of her own lovely cards and a couple of pieces of her shibori. She is learning online from shibori goddess Glennis Dolce. Thank you so much for your generosity, Suzanna. These are lovely gifts and will be greatly enjoyed. I'm amazed just how quickly this arrived!


















Sewing supplies donated to A Common Thread from Suzanna Klein.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow you've received lovely packages. Now you can start experimenting with the mordants.
I hope you'll tell here all about the results.
I'm starting to feel better :) It was a great support sharing our stories.

XXX

ArtSparker said...

Can you tell me how you go about receiving these packages, and what kinds of things you are looking for? I would be happy to do a post on this with a link to your blog, but I'm not sure how people contact you other than the comments section. Am I missing something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails