Thursday 7 October 2010

Linking up

Remember this? Remember that I was on the verge of starting a small design business with my friend Megan from California and then got hired as a landscaping foreman? Well, Megan and I have not lost contact (actually we were just on the phone) and although she and I put our joint plans on hold, she is going ahead and launching her design label Philosopy of Love which you can like on the label's FB profile. Her website is coming soon. I'll let you know when. Anyway, I want to congratulate her, because she is a very talented new designer, and these bags are beautiful!






















Shoulder purse by Megan Houseberg: Made with recycled leather and hand dyed silk, with beaded embellishments.

This is my personal favorite from the portfolio right now!

As for me... I've been battling to try to get a better picture of the cloth piece that I'm working on right now. And it's just not happening! This is the best I can do. I don't know if it's the camera, or the lighting, or the color of the thread and the cloth, or all of the above. But this is where I'm at with it so far.





























































I only have until the 31st of October to complete this!

6 comments:

Mnemosyne said...

wow!

to both bag and stitching.

Anonymous said...

It's looking fabulous. Black (or dark) is so difficult to photograph, but I think you did a great job. The white and greeen are so effective together.

Sandra said...

Lovely bag!
It quite a job your stitching project. But I know you'll manage.
Go Catherine! I think it's very very beautiful.

neki desu said...

you've really done a lot of stitching!

Deb said...

Love the stitching, great colours, and it will look fabulous in that office space. What a wonderful gift!
Hope you get it finished in time!

arlee said...

lovely!!!! try putting it on a large white sheet so you get some "reflection' back, then crop the photo to hide the white!

Related Posts with Thumbnails