Monday 8 February 2010

New... Summer/Autumn 2010

In the past 24 hours I've been stitching and thinking... tearing, and cutting... stitching and thinking... blah, blah, blah.

Now, you get to have a very early sneak preview of what I'm working on for the bainbridge & houseberg lines for Summer/Autumn 2010.

That's right, Summer/Autumn! Because I think they go better together. As do Winter/Spring.















You recognize this, right? The little leaf stamped cloth, but now embroidered. Same-color-on-same-color, I love that, as I've mentioned in previous posts.

So, this is the value of play. When I started playing, I wasn't planning that the soft pale cloth, of still no name, would be anything. I was just doodling with stitches, fabric paint and recycled cotton cloth. But you know how, something miraculous happens... a little shift... a faint glimmer.... and if you can capture that, it all falls into place, unforced. That's what happened! Of course... there are many hours of sweat and tears involved, before one reaches that moment. ;}



















So I took it all apart again. Lost that Wheatear stitched bit, that was becoming so problematic for me, (but don't worry, I haven't thrown it away, it always pays to stash stuff like that for a rainy day). Last night, I started working with this gorgeous scrap of chocolate and natural, printed linen, of which there is hardly any, and so I've been saving for "something special".



















I think this is it! ❥ A chikankari and dessert inspired piece! ❥ I'm being serious! You never know where inspiration can fall from.

I can't tell you how happy I'm feeling today!

I also want to share this because I enjoyed finding it and I think you will too. And, to give a warm welcome to the blogging community to a special lady called Tao, who is an amazing chef, and a neighbor of mine, here on the Osa Peninsula. Happy blogging Tao! :)

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Catherine,

I haven't been here for a while. I didn't feel very well. Have to catch up reading a lot! Will do that another day.
I love this "leaves and chocolate piece", and playing with fabrics is so inspiring, you can try this or that and it all gives another effect and sometimes it's confusing (to me) but then all of a sudden, you've got the right match. It one big adventure.
You asked about my children, did I already answer? Can't remember. Well, I have two children, boy and girl, aged 13.5 and 15.
XXX

Catherine V. Bainbridge said...

Sorry you've been ill. Me too! Hope you're feeling better now. :) Yes... big adventures!

Red (aka Puddleduck!) said...

oooh Catherine,
love where you're going with this... those sweet leaves... I've not ever tried same on same colour - always gone for max contrast! It's beautiful. Off to look at your links! Stay happy!
Sandi

Jacky said...

The new look is wonderful...love the monocolours of the leaves and the contrast of the lovely linen with the chocolate coloured print.
Thanks for the links. Tao's blog was fun to read...love reading about your life on the Osa Peninsula!

Jacky xox

Harnett-Hargrove said...

You have a beautiful blog! -J

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying seeing this piece develop. I liked the wheatear stitch bit, but you're right - this does look totally different without it. It's become something else.

Related Posts with Thumbnails