Monday 25 January 2010

Chad Frick & Co.

My husband has a friend called Chad Frick. I haven't met Chad yet, but we've been in contact recently and I've been admiring his creative work.

You have to see his paintings and also visit the The Chandrea Collection, a series of plush toys, that he makes with his wife, Andrea Alfaro Frick.

You can visit the Chandrea doll museum or shop at the YUKYUK store on Etsy.

Ok, I confess that I have rather a soft spot for monster art dolls. Each of Chad and Andrea's has a hand-painted canvas face, which gives it a totally unique personality. It's hard to choose between them, but I do love this one, it has such a delightful satisfied expression!



















"The Chandrea Collection"- No.85
by Chad Frick & Andrea Alfaro Frick
(c)2008.

Chad's paintings are adorable, have an educational imperative, and are based on his experiences in the field biology. This is one of my favorites...



















Coleonyx switaki v. switaki - Chad Frick
Acrylic on Canvas
10" x 10"
(c)2007

My youngest son is an avid herpatologist. Lizards are his thing. I don't think there's a species here which he hasn't handled at some time or another (with parental supervision of course!) Chad's painting of Coleonyx switaki v. switaki makes me smile, and reminds me of moments like this, of pure contentment...
















Nilo Francisco with a Casque Headed lizard at Los Charcos de Osa.

Thinking about it, there's something about monster doll No. 85 and Nilo's smiles...

2 comments:

Chad said...

Excellent. Our sons would get along great, when I told him about the evacuations from Volcan Turrialba, he asked me, "What about their toys?" and then followed with, "What about their reptile field guides?"

Catherine V. Bainbridge said...

That's so cool!!! Made me laugh!!! What's up with Volcan Turrialba??? Is that recent?

Related Posts with Thumbnails